Wow, it’s been quite a while since we last updated the site. We’re still chugging away on the house but our free time to tinker on the house projects has lessened.
And in other wonderful news, we’re expecting baby #2 in FOUR WEEKS! Max is having a baby brother, and we’re all excited to meet the little guy.
Expect a few new baby room blogs in the near future!
Through a limited experience with diy drywall on a Habitat for Humanity project, I knew that drywall was an awkward and messy project. Originally, I only wanted to remove the old drywall on the garage-side of the shared wall that split the garage from the guest house. This was to help the professional electricians run new electric lines, as well as to add insulation. But as I’ve learned, it quickly grew from a “simple” job, to basically stripping 90% of the drywall from the guest house.
We were thankful and lucky that the guest house already had a fully-functioning bathroom, complete with tub/shower, toilet and sink. And while the garage/guest house had working plumbing, electric and water, we weren’t too confident of the quality and workmanship of the electric and water feed. The sewer/plumbing turned out to be installed correctly so that was one thing we didn’t need to worry about. The electric and incoming water was another story.